The development of the GPO 01 EOD suit was primarily focused on reducing the physiological load of the EOD and reducing the weight by approximately 20%.
The lightweight EOD suit provides a high level of protection and is designed to be worn over overalls.
Maximum protection is given to critical areas of the body, namely the neck, chest and groin.
The level of protection can be customised according to the customer's requirements. The ballistic resistance and the materials used are specified by the customer according to their requirements.
Basic ballistic protection
- V50 - 650 m/sec according to STANAG 2920
- Protection of soft parts: III-A according to NIJ STD 0101.04
- Neck panel
- Chest / front panel
- Abdominal panel
- Groin plate
- V50 - 960 m/sec according to STANAG 2920 (This protection is achieved by inserting additional panels in resistance IV.)
Basic composition of the suit
- An EOD vest that contains:
- pocket for additional 250 x 300 mm ballistic chest panel
- removable anti-shock panel covering the entire chest area
- removable collar with pocket for additional neck panel
- Removable sleeves
- Groin protection with removable pocket for additional groin panel
- Adjustable trousers with flexible knee system
- Insteps protection